Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Partagas Black Label

I was offered a cigar by a man named Brian, and a wonderful chess game. So, I grabbed a Black Label from the shelf. Heard great things about this cigar and I wanted to test it out. Now, I love my dark wraps, so this cigar was just right for me.

I got the Magnifico shape, which is what they call it (6 X 54). This ia a Medio Tiempo wrapper from Conneticut, sungrown, and dried to a Maduro. The filler is Nicaraguan Ligero and Piloto Cubano Ligero Blend and it is bound with La Vega Especial, which is from the Dominican Republic (this is according to www.bestcigarprices.com). I usually can read about it elsewhere, but this had the most information on the tobacco.

The wrapper was veiny and oily. Perfect for a Maduro (this is sometimes called a double Maduro or Oscuro). This cigar looked full of taste. The smell was rich like a nice cup of coffee.

Once I got fire to this smoke, I was enjoying myself. I could taste the rich coffee flavor mixed with a nice nutty flavor. As this full smoke filled my mouth I could taste the earthy flavor under it all, with a nice hint of spice at the end.

The aftertaste kept most of the flavors. A little longer than most cigars, but there were no complaints. This was an aftertaste you would want. Like having the aftertaste of a good meal. It is OK if it sticks around.

The issue that comes up is the draw. About 1 in 4 seem to have a terrible draw and you cannot get any smoke. This causes some issues with this cigar.

The construction was decent (considering the draw problems), the flavor was great, but the price was the only part that would sting a little. It was $13.25 plus tax. Now, I try and stay under ten dollars due to the economy, but this cigar was well worth it. If you are a dark wrap type, try this.

Final Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment