Sunday, July 18, 2010

C.A.O. La Traviata

This cigar had a darker wrap and a good construction. I smelled this smoke and got a good smell with an earthy undertone. This looks like it will be a good smoke, but lighting it would determine it.

When I lit this smoke, I wasn't getting a good draw. I figured it might just be the start of it and I would give it some time. Halfway down, I still had a poor draw. It cause the smoke to be thin and unbalanced. Some seemed strong while others weak.

The flavor had good qualities, but bad proportions. The spice was overwhelming at points, whereas the earthy flavor was overshadowed by it, as if it wanted to come out. When the smoke was more full, the flavor evened out more. If this was consistent, the cigar would be much better.

The aftertaste lingered too. Not a mix of earthy and spice, but just the spice.

The two redeeming factors are the aroma, and price. The aroma was very balanced and nice. The price is only $8.50 plus tax. These keep the grade up, but not much.

Final Grade: C+

2 comments:

  1. Definitely give the smaller maduro sizes a shot, Josh. Great bang for the buck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all honesty, I have to come back to this one, Maduro or not. I think I just got a bad one out of the box, which is possible.

    ReplyDelete