Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Arganese Maduro

This is the sister cigar of the last one I rated. Very close to one another. Now, the last one had Dominican filler and binder with a Nicaraguan wrapper. This one had a nice Maduro wrap. Now the site says Dominican filler and binder, but the box says different, so I am leaving that choice up to the smoker.

This cigar was also well wrapped and well made. The veins were more noticable but that is common on darker wraps. No soft spots either. The construction was very good.

The smell was very mild and offered a nice woody smell. If the smell was telling me anything, this was going to be a mild smoke. I have been tricked by that before though, so I will not let that sway me.

I started this smoke and I was impressed. It had a rich woody flavor (almost like oakish) with a little spice to it. Richer than its sister. With the taste came a bitter flavor like you would get from coffee. The kind of bitter you want. All of this stayed consistant and did not falter at all throughout the entire time I was enjoying this treat.

The aftertaste was tart with a slight sweet flavor at the end. It was like having an apple tart in which is flows well. Now this may not taste like apple, but it gives the tastebuds the same pleasure.

None of these qualities popped out though. All of them were really mild. More mild than the Nicaraguan. That one had qualities similar, but some overshadowed others. This one did not. This was a very well rounded cigar.

This cigar would in the the $8 range and would be worth every penny.

Final Grade: B+/A-

No comments:

Post a Comment