Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cain "F"

When I saw the name I thought of the movie Robocop 2 when the main character says "Cain, let's step outside." Well, with this cigar it is almost like that on some levels, but in a great way.

I walked into Little Havana and saw Steve at the counter. I asked what he had that was new and he showed me a few cigars. Nothing really caught my eye until I saw this box that said "Cain" on it. When he pointed it out it kept on me. This Robusto cigar with a Habano wrap and Nicaraguan ligero long leaves from Condega, Jalapa and Esteli as a filler. I had to try it.

Now, Steve told me "this thing starts out kicking and keeps going." He was right. The first puff had strength, no doubt about that. The flavor came on strong and stayed strong. It felt very mellow though. The flavor got a little stronger but it stayed mellow throughout. The strength creeps up on you.

The flavor did not become complex, but comforting and simple. It is like having a cool glass of water on a hot day. The water is very simple, but very enjoyable. This cigar had that for me, at first. Speaking of water, have water with this cigar. It is like separating the flavors of a strong scotch.

The flavor was full of spice. When broken down you could get rich earthy tones, some nutty tones, and even some cedar like flavors. Hints of coffee and leather came to surface too. But overall, the spice ruled. This had other flavors pop up, but that spice was the only one in full force. Like a hot pepper, you taste the pepper, even though your mouth feels like it will burst into flames.

The mix of tobacco added some bitter and mellow elements when puffed slowly and the smoke is let out even slower. This cigar kept having new layers no matter how you smoked it. Simple with a standard quick puff, and enjoyable, or complex with the slow puff, and still enjoyable.

The strong flavor never ceased. It started out kicking and kept on kicking... the flavor went on and on. I tasted it about an hour after I finished and the taste didn't dull or sour.

This cigar burned perfectly and had a wonderful draw. 

If you like them strong, try this smoke. If you are a novice, you have been warned. This is a very powerful cigar. For $9.50, this is a darn good smoke.

Final Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment