Monday, August 2, 2010

CAO Gold

I saw this Churchill cigar and decided to give this one a go. I have not had much luck with CAO, I am always willing to give a brand another go.

This light brown Connecticut wrapped cigar smelled nice. Gave me a nice cedar smell, and a little nutty smell too. I cut the end and lit up. The Nicaraguan fillers were very mild. I got that cedar flavor back, plus a little sweet with a little bit of tart in the middle. This offered a nice balance to this smoke. The cedar mellowed out as the smoke was coming out of my mouth, making it more even, but too short lived.

The aftertaste was decent. A little tart, but short lived. That is a good thing though. Even if you like tart, it can overstay its company.

The construction was great with this smoke. The draw was even and consistant. The wrap was nice and tight, and there were no soft spots in the packing.

The price on this cigar is $10, plus tax. A good price for such a smoke. This has its minor flaws with tartness, and at times a hint of sour, but those can easily be overlooked.

Final Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment