Monday, August 2, 2010

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992

Now I did the 1990 before, but now I am on to the 1992. I figured it would only be fair to do both, and since Rocky Patel is a brand I enjoy, I wouldn't object to having this smoke.

This cigar has a 10-year old Ecuadorian wrapper (Sumatra according to cigar.com). The five year old binder and filler add to this cigar in a wonderful way.

This cigar was lighter than the 1990 (though some say otherwise), but not by much. It has a more woody and nutty flavor. Still a very earthy cigar, but did not have the richness of the 1990. Not as much of the coffee like taste. Regardless, this cigar is very, very good. The aftertaste is mild with the nutty and woody flavors lingering in your mouth. A perfect blend. Never getting stale or tart.

The price on this stick (Churchill size) was $12.50 plus tax, and worth every damn penny. Another great cigar from Rocky Patel.

Final Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment