Saturday, August 28, 2010

CAO Italia

Since a few cigar clubs love this smoke, I decided to give it a go. I was told it was a Maduro, and a light one at that. It wasn't though. It is a Habano wrap, which I am a fan of anyway. The seller for me was that some of the tobacco was Italian. Since I had never had Italian tobacco, I wanted to try it.

This has a Honduran wrapper and binder. It is filled with tobacco from Peru, Nicaragua and Italy. This is a unique combination.

The construction was a good one. Nicely wrapped and felt a little tight. The wrap had a veiny texture though which made me concerned of how it would burn.

I torched this cigar and was bombarded by different flavors. It was cedary mixed with spice. Underlying all of this was a slight earthy and creamy flavor. The finish was cedar and cream. The taste lingered but never went south. It stayed consistent throughout. This was a bold smoke. Through the course of this cigar you will notice new flavors and mixes. You get spice, cream, earthy, and cedar. This is a well rounded smoke.

The draw and burn were consistent and even. No flaws on that end.

The one I had was the Piazza size. The price was $13.75, which is a little steep. But, it is worth a try. This complex smoke is something to try. The price brings it down, but not by much. This is an A-/A cigar, but I will put price into consideration.

Final Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment