Friday, November 5, 2010

Onyx Reserve

This was the first Maduro I ever had, and I have been hooked since. So, on this post, I admit my bias.

The wrapper is a Blackened Connecticut Broadleaf while the binder is Nicaraguan. The filler is Dominican, Nicaraguan and Peruvian. Nice oily wrapper. Soft and feel like cloth.

The taste on this cigar is strong and balanced. You are hit with a nice earthy flavor with a nutty flavor. A woody and earthy flavor remain in the aftertaste. It has a toasty flavor to it as well. It is like having a fine scotch. It is strong and smooth.

The draw was firm, but the flavor did not settle. I am thankful for that. The last one I had had a better draw. The burn was nice and even with a good ash at the end.

The one thing that hits this stick is the price. It is $13.75 plus tax for a No. 2 Belicoso. That is a little steep for a 45-50 minute smoke. But the balance of this cigar never ceases, and the pleasure is always there.

Final Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment