Sunday, November 14, 2010

H. Upmann

I picked up another cigar that is famous for its Cuban counterpart. With Cuban-seed Dominican and Brazilian filler, a Dominican binder, and an Indonesian wrapper, it was bound to be interesting.

This cigar had a very even cedar taste with a hint of sweetness at the end. The aftertaste the lingers is very smooth. It has some hints of leather, and even coffee. The coffee is very, very small though. Very interesting flavor. It starts with a tartness though, but that is evened out by the sweet flavor in the end.

The wrapper was nice and soft. Firm feeling throughout. The burn was incredibly even. One of the most even burning cigars I have had. The draw was very firm. Too firm in my opinion. It is tough to get a really good smoke out of this.

The price is $14 for a toro. That is a little steep, but with consistency this brand holds, it is understandable.

In the end, the firm draw keeps one from getting a great flavor. That upsets me because with the flavors involved, I would love to expand on them with my taste buds. That is the flaw with this smoke. For the price, I would expect a better draw. All in all though, it is a good cigar. Not great, but good.

Final Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment