Tuesday, August 9, 2011

San Lotano Habano Torpedo

I went into Little Havana looking for something new to smoke, and Steve guided me to this brand. From what I know it is only sold in stores. So, I picked up the one that was a medium blend, right in the middle, and gave it a try.

The wrapper on this is Brazilian, while the binder is Honduran. The fillers are Honduran, Dominican, and Nicaraguan.

As I lit this cigar up up I got a wonder taste of a mild pepper and a toasty note with it. As the cigar burned, it opened up to flavors of espresso and leather. The leather was the most subtle of the flavors, but even if you miss it there is no problem. The aftertaste consists of spice and leather. It seems to last too short with the leather, and too long with the spice. Neither stay around long enough to taste badly so that is not something to fret about.

The construction on this was good. Had a easy draw, produced a good smoke, and burned very evenly. The appearance of the cigar was very pleasing as well, with the wrapper being very even. The feel of the wrapper was like that of a fine, if not a tad rough, velvet. It had a fine toothy-ness to it.

The price on this 50 minute smoke was $12.50, plus tax. Now, that price is a little high, but not enough to deter me from having another one. This smoke is worth having.

Final Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment