Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blue Mountain Maduro

These cigars were ones I never saw, and in keeping up, I gave one a go. I picked the Maduro because I like Maduros.

This cigar had an even wrap on it. No soft spots. The wrapper felt soft, yet a little paper like. This is a Nicaraguan Puro. All of it is from the Esteli valley.

The flavors on this cigar were pretty simple. It had an earthy flavor followed by the smallest bit of nuttiness. Towards the end was a hint of what could be described as a peppery coffee like flavor. With the aroma it had a nice toasted flavor underlying all of it, except during the first moments of the draw. The aftertaste Was a little bitter, still toasty though.

The draw was good and it produced a very nice ash. It started even, then random holes were popping up, and it was burning through places before the end could get to them. This should not have happened considering I was puffing about once every forty five seconds to a minute. About halfway through the smoke got warm, then hot. At this point all the flavor became bitterness. The cigar turned into Mr. Hyde.

The price on it was only $8. Several people have not had the problems I had with them, so I will dismiss them for the most part. It could have been a number of things. I got the bad one in the batch, which happens, or it could have been a little dry, which in Minnesota during the winter could explain it. The price helps keep this cigar out of my "F" or "D" range. If had burned proper, and not turned, I would give this cigar a solid "B+" for it had good flavoring for such a price. This one, gets less.

Final Grade: C-

No comments:

Post a Comment