Friday, January 28, 2011

Blue Mountain Double Wrap

Note: I got it at the only shop in MN that sells these, Little Havana Tobacco. As far as I know, no other shop sells Blue Mountain. Also, they are not sold online last I checked.

This cigar is a Nicaraguan puro. The wraps are Connecticut and Habano Shade.

This cigar felt firm and well made. The wrap seemed a little separated but I would have to see how it smoked and burned to determine if this was an issue.

When lighting this cigar I got a terrible taste. Very tart and papery. The cigar was not dry, so I was thinking I had a dud, or that it was just a poor cigar. About 1/5 of the way through, that changed. Flavors started coming in. I got a creamy flavor mixed with one that could be described as something like oak. Underlying all of this was a hint of spice and cedar. The aftertaste was of a bitter cream. It lingered a little bit, but the taste remained consistant. Throughout this cigar, no flavors really came out though. It wasn't bad, but nothing to make you amazed. It was a more subtle flavor.

The draw and burn were good. It started to split and burn uneven at the end, but it was around the time of it being finished anyway, so that did not cause a problem. The separation in the wrap caused no issue either.

This cigar, for a double toro, was only $9, which is pretty good. This cigar does not have the some mix as other double wraps, as it is not as bold with its flavors. As I said, it is more subtle. The mix of flavors is good though, I just wish they came out more. All in all, not a bad smoke.

Final Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment