Friday, December 3, 2010

Macanudo 1968

A friend brought these in an said they were too strong for him. Bring the one that likes strong cigars, one was passed my way.

This cigar has a Honduran San Agustin Havana Seed wrapper, a Connecticut Habano binder, and fillers from the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, and Ometepe.

The wrapper on this cigar felt soft, but a little crisp. The person I got it from keeps his cigars in good condition, so I know it would not be dry.

This cigar had a mild espresso flavor, with some earthy and spicy notes. There was a hint of bitter flavor throughout. The aftertaste consisted of a smokey flavor and an earthy note that lingered.

The construction on this cigar was moderate at best. It burned well, but the draw was terrible. I had to put it through the cigar poker. That helped out a lot, but not for very long. The draw became firm again in about four puffs.

This is a new shape for this cigar. A Trompetta. This is a Pyramid shaped cigar. It runs about $10, so the price is a tad steep, but not for the tobaccos in this smoke.

The flavors came out more when I had a good smoke. It is hard to judge the flavor on this cigar and I would have to give it another go when writing on that (I will expand on it the next time I get the chance), but for the one I got is the one I will grade.

Final Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment