Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oliva Serie V

This is a cigar that I have heard about and seen. I had it in a Churchill size and I loved every second of it. Now, my tastebuds were not having their best day, but that didn't matter. I will tell you way. Let's get to the review, shall we?

Habano Sun Wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and Jalapa Valley Ligero filler are all put together very well. The construction of this smoke is very well done. Usually I find a flaw or two with an Oliva, which I understand (you make so many, you are bound to have errors) but with this one there are none.

I lit this cigar and had a wonderful draw. Just a little firm, but that is to keep you from being overwhelmed with flavor. A nice spicey flavor was consistant throughout this cigar. A nice earthy flavor with a coffee like flavor were under the spice. It was a wonderful mix. The aftertaste had some spice, but more like eating a piece of steak with pepper on it. The spice is nice a mild. There was a slight bitterness to it, but almost the same as a dark chocolate. So, it was a nice addition.

The draw and burn were perfect. Never had a problem with either. In fact, it took all my might not to puff to fast.

The price is around $12.50, which is not bad for an hour or more smoke. So price isn't an issue.

The only downside was the tastes. I thought a little more of the undertones would have made it better. Still, this is a great cigar.

Final Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment