Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Aging Room M356 Rondo

It has been a good long while since I posted. I have been very busy, but during that time I have been smoking and taking notes. Let's get back to it.

The cigar I had was an Aging Room M356 Robusto. This cigar is a Dominican Puro, the wrapper being a habano.

The cigar was a little soft to the squeeze, but did not feel loose. The wrapper was very oily.

This cigar starts out with a spicy flavor. A few puffs in it becomes more nutty and is starting to give off hints of coffee. They did not just pop up either, but transitioned well into adding each flavor.In the second third of the cigar the coffee started to drift away, as well as the nutty flavors. These were replaced with more of a wood flavor and hints of roasted nuts. These flavors stuck in your mouth, but in a pleasant way. In the last third the spice changed to be a little bit more like a white pepper, and the flavor became more toasty. The roasted nut flavor fell off, but the wood remained the same.

This cigar had great construction. The burn was very good, the draw was smooth, and the ash was perfect. Held on about halfway before I knocked it off.

This cigar will run around $8-9 in Minnesota, maybe as high as $10 in some shops. Considering the complexity of this cigar, and the time it took to smoke it (about 50 minutes), it is a good buy. This cigar was well made, had great flavors, and was enjoyable the whole way through. I would buy these, easily. I might even be willing to pick up a box in the future. This cigar goes great with a dark roast coffee.

Final Grade: A+

Authors note: I am aware of the error in the numbers I wrote. I was typing faster than thinking. I apologize for the mistake.

2 comments:

  1. Well, well, look what the cat dragged in, lol! Great to finally see another post. You'd think you actually had some real work to do. :) I'll have to finally get around to trying one of these - I've found some of the Oliveros to be pretty enjoyable, especially when they get a little bit of age on them. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Yeah, I finally got around to it, and another one today as well. This one is worth finding. Some of the others I had... not so much.

    ReplyDelete