Monday, January 9, 2012

Vegas de Santiago D8

I had one of these and decided to have another and write up a review for it.

This cigar is made with Habano 2000 wrapper from Ecuador, a bind from Ecuador, and filler from the Caribbean.

This cigar started out with a light chocolate flavor, mixed with some black pepper and a straw/leaf type flavor. After the first quarter the pepper dropped and notes of tea and pecans entered the mix, which blended very well with the chocolate. At the end there were notes of fruit, adding a little sweetness. The aroma was a sweeter aroma. I know those around me really liked it.

The construction on this was very good. Even feel and even wrap. The draw was a little firm, but the smoke was still good. The burn on this cigar was razor sharp.

I had this cigar in the Emperador size (6x60) and it would run around $10, probably closer to $13 here in Minnesota, which is still a great price for a smoke that lasts over an hour. I would say give this cigar a go. It is unique and there are flavors that I could not quite describe. This cigar has a great price point and is very well made.

Final Grade: A+

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, Josh, although I doubt that I'll ever see it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not ask your local retailer to contact us.
    We import to the States through our agent in Houston .

    ReplyDelete