Thursday, September 15, 2011

JD Cigars Temptation Lancero

After a long day I decided to go up to my local smoke shop and have a cigar. I found a JD Cigars Temptation Lancero and decided to give that a go.

This cigar is made with a Habano Claro (Connecticut shade) wrapper from Ecuador. The filler and binder are Nicaraguan.

This cigar started out rather simple. The flavor was that of a heavy cream and a light butter. About a third of the way through there was a straw type flavor, and some leaf tones. It had a subtle earth flavor similar to some teas. The aftertaste produces hints of pepper, while the main flavors were that of butter and almonds.

This cigar was well made. The wrapper was even which made this cigar nice to look at. The roll was tight and even, but that caused no issue with the draw or smoke for both were very good. This smoke never got hot. The burn on this was consistent and even, requiring no corrections.

This Lancero (7 1/2 x 38) was a very good smoke. Usually I do not like this shape for you have to puff extra slow and it can become hot or tart very easily. I did not have an issue with this at all. For $7, this is a very good smoke.

Final Grade: A+

2 comments:

  1. Josh, when you have a new cigar review, it would be helpful to know who makes it? I've never heard of this cigar before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, I state who makes it in the header, and there is a link to their site on my sidebar. www.jdcigars.com

    ReplyDelete