Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cuba Aliados Anniversary

This cigar was the last Aliados I had in my humidor, and I figured it was time to have it.

The wrapper on this cigar was a Maduro 3 year aged Corojo, the binder being an Ecuador Sumatra, and fillers which consist of Brazilian, Dominican, Nicaraguan tobaccos.

This cigar started out with a nice earthy and cedar flavor, with a light nutty flavor coming in shortly after. Just before the halfway point flavors or roasted almonds and a light pepper note come into the mix. The aftertaste is a nice mix of nutty tones and spiced almonds, with a hint of cedar throughout. The taste sticks around for a bit.

The draw on this cigar is fairly firm, but you are still able to get a decent smoke. The burn was consistent with only one correction needed, and I am guessing it is because my lighter was dying and the lighting was not perfect.

I had the Short size (4 x 48) and the retail price is around $4. Since Minnesota has its tax system and stores have their markup system, this cigar will probably be closer to $6-$7. That is a little steep of a price for this type of smoke, but reasonable. It is a short smoke, but a tasty one. At the beginning the smoke seems a little one sided, but not for long, so just keep puffing. I say if you see this one, get it and try it out.

Final Grade: A-

I want to thank Reyes Family Cigars for sending this sample to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment