Sunday, March 13, 2011

Puros Indios

This was sent by the company for a review. Now, I did a cigar of their before (the Miami), so I was looking forward to this.

The cigar is made from an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper and binder, and filler from the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Brazil, and Nicaragua.

This cigar was evenly constructed, and there was little in the way of veins. The wrapper was tight and even. It felt like a fine, little bit rough, velvet.

The first draw tasted the same as the tobacco on my lips, woody. There was a strong wood flavor and a hit of bitter earth. Over the whole thing was a peppery flavor. Now, this cigar had bitter flavors, but not in a bad way. It mainly held a strong woody flavor though. The aroma was mildly toasty.

This cigar had a very, very good draw. The burn was very even and had no issues. The only correction I had to do was when I had one outside, and that is not the fault of the cigar.

I had the Piramide #2 and Gordo sizes, which can range from $6-$8, depending on the area. Now, for the price, this is not too bad. It is kind of a one note act, which is disappointing, and people say the aroma is best left outside. I found this cigar to be a good one of reasonable price that is good in a setting of golf or poker. This is not one to sit and soak in, for it is not overly complex, but you can still get the main good flavor while doing other things. So, I think since it is a one note, grade goes down, but quality and price bring it up.

Final Grade: B+

Note: The manufacturer states that retail price should be $5 for a Gordo size. Now, I am including tax and mark up. Without any markup, it would be around that. If they did no markup, their profit would be nil in the state of Minnesota.

I would also like the thank Reyes Family Cigars for sending me a sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment