Friday, October 1, 2010

M. Vito x Marco V Cuban Lancero Medium

This is another smoker from the Marco V line, and since I like what I have had (I have not put reviews for all of them yet) I decided to jump on this one and try it out. Usually I do not care for the Lancero shape (38 x 6.5") but I figured I would give it a go.

Now this is made with a Brazilian Maduro, Dominican binder, and Dominican and Nicaraguan Esteli Ligero fillers. When feeling this cigar I could notice the rough, bumpy wrapper and the construction seemed a little soft. It brought my worries up on this cigar.

Once lit I got a mild earthy flavor with a hint of spice. A very mild hint of spice at that. It grew as you smoked, but not too fast nor too slow. A nice nutty flavor also came forth in the aftertaste of this. The mix of earth and spice was nice. The first reaction is to think it was creamy with how smooth this smoke was. The nutty flavor seems lost at times though.

The draw was great. Not too much and not too little. It was leaning towards more of an open draw though. The burn was great as long as you puffed slow. That brings me to my next point.

If you puff this cigar fast, it will turn on you. It becomes overly bitter and tart. Luckily, this can be solved (assumed you puffed too fast and are in a jam). This cigar, if you let it sit, and even go out, comes back to life. It is not like some where once it turns, that's it. Just let this one go out, blow the old smoke out, and tourch it. It will be good as new.

With an $8 price range, this is also good for the buck. Not the best Marco, but not the worse either. And even if the was the worst, it is a darn good worst. The only issue was how much the flavors could come out. One seems lost and makes the cigar seem a little off balance. Even with that, this is a good smoke.

Final Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment